Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A New Year and a New Blog

It is a new year and time for a new blog. Over the past few months my motivation to write has fallen off dramatically and I need a new reason to write. For most of 2016 I wrote articles for the Allouez Neighbors magazine. Some were historical in nature and others reported on what I saw in the village that interested me. All of the articles that I wrote are published on my other blog, Bill Matchefts' Blog. If I do any more of that type of writing I will post the stories there.

For this blog I want to write about motorcycling. I will write about everything that interests me about the activity, and that covers a lot of ground. I have written a few stories about trips and rides and those will be published here. But mostly I want this to be a regular writing activity for me. My real ambition is to write travel stories for magazines, but my efforts have not resulted in publication. A good part of the reason for that is that I have not worked on enough stories and sent them in to magazines. My goal is to do enough writing here that I can produce something that I think will interest magazine editors.

Some of the stories you see here will be about rides taken up to three or four years ago. The roads and sights along the way are still there, so the information is still valid. Much of the information will be about roads and attractions in Wisconsin, as that is where I do most of my riding. This summer I plan to get back to riding some of the Rustic Roads in the state. That is another activity that I haven't enjoyed in longer than is healthy.

It's the dead of winter up here right now, but motorcycling is something that interests me year round, so I am not concerned about having anything to write about. Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment