Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Lakeshore Harley Davidson Shops

A few days after learning about the Wisconsin Harley Davidson Dealers Association Passport Tour I rode off on my first dedicated ride to secure stamps at participating dealers. I packed up a nice lunch and aimed my 2016 Harley Davidson Low Rider S south on Interstate 43.

My goal was to get two stamps on the ride. It was a perfect June day for riding and the traffic was light. Wisconsin is an open state as far as the corona virus goes, but many people are still staying home and staying safe. 

Harbor Town Harley Davidson is located on the I 43 west frontage road in Manitowoc. Most of the stores have been quiet during my midweek visits and this one was no different. There was not the usual picnic table outside Harbor Town, but I found a shady spot to eat before going inside.

After browsing around the new and used bikes and the discounted clothing rack I got my Passport stamped and prepared to continue south. 

Lunch at Harbor Town HD

Route 43 Harley Davidson is the dealer in Sheboygan and is about 20 miles south of Manitowoc. It has been in this location since Harley's heyday in the 1990's. I bought my first real motorcycle jacket here in about 1999. It is the Marlon Brando style and although I don't wear it much now I got a lot of use out of it. 



I parked near the picnic tables outside the store and hydrated a bit before going in. One thing I have noticed is that the Harley dealers are all doing their own thing as far as protecting themselves and their customers from the virus. There are very few masks on the employees, if any, and I have only seen one with the plexiglass shields at the service counters. 

Made in the USA



After checking out the shop and looking for another deal on a jacket I asked the representative about getting my Passport stamped. He said that the dealership "had not made the cut" this year and were not participating. He said they had sent in all of the paperwork, but were not included in the tour. He asked which ones I still needed and was very helpful in providing a good route down to Suburban Harley Davidson in Thiensville. That would be for another day.



As I prepared to leave I resolved to spend some time studying the Passport and make sure that my trips would not end up without a stamp. It was a great day to ride though, and any ride that ends in perusing shiny new bikes is a good ride. 



No comments:

Post a Comment