Saturday, February 22, 2020

House and Furnishings for Sale


AMA Motocross racing is on tonight but the weather does not look much warmer in Arlington, TX, than it is in Wisconsin tonight. It is still not near to riding weather up here, though. We got about a foot of snow over the past couple of weeks, so it will be a while before it is gone.

My wife and I have owned a duplex for the past forty plus years and we are getting ready to sell it this spring. That has kept me busy since the beginning of 2020. I have had all of my motorcycles and gear on one side, along with enough furniture to keep it comfortable. I am selling or giving away the furniture using Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. It has been a lesson in the old saying "one man's junk is another man's treasure". The other side has had the same renter for twenty or so years, and now that she is out there is a lot of redecorating to be done. I have made a lot of trips to the local Home Depot for cans of white eggshell paint. We are going to try and sell it without using a real estate agent, so it will be a learning experience.

Duplex for sale!
Having all of this to keep me busy this winter has been good. As spring nears, however, I am feeling more of a sense of urgency to get things done. The riding season is short and I want to be able to take advantage of the warm spring days that will eventually reach us. I will have to make room in my garage now for both of my bikes, too. I had them both at my house for a couple of years, so I know I can fit them in there. It is pretty tight, though.

In my free time I have been shopping for a few new motorcycle items. The new Klim Badlands jacket still looks pretty nice, but I am also thinking about the Aerostich Darien. I will be going through Duluth on my Canadian fishing trip in May, so that will be a good opportunity to stop at their factory store. A few new bits for my Harley Davidson Lowrider S are looking good also. I am planning on getting the black flush mount gas cap and gas gauge along with some black trim pieces.

This bike needs a little more black on it.
A trip to my BMW dealer this weekend revealed that they are undergoing another remodeling project. They have just added Royal Enfield to their stable of brands and are making a space for the bikes. They knocked down a wall or two also so customers don't have search around for the Ducatis and Beemers. The variety and brands of motorcycling gear and clothing is being evaluated and changes will be made. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment